Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Another day in paradise?!

I have to relate a funny experience to go along with the cold. This morning I went out to my car, in a rush mind you because I had overslept and was due to be in Bountiful in 30 minutes for a meeting with the CEO of Lakeview Hospital. I unlocked the passenger door with some trouble because it seemed rather frozen. However the key did turn and I opened the door and put my briefcase, yes I have one of those now, into the car. I pushed the door shut and it bounced right back open. So I pushed it again after making sure that nothing was in the way. It bounced back open again. I was in a panic. I had to get to Bountiful. So, being the genius that I am, I ran inside and asked Shar, my roommate what she recommended I do. I couldn't drive down the free way at 65 + mph and try to hold the door across the passenger seat, even though I have a small car, and be safe on our icy roads. ---- Thus the redneck talents that come to us every now and again come in handy---- I bungied corded my door shut from the inside handle to the rear view mirror because the bungee cord wasn't long enough to go around the passenger seat and every time I went around a curve turning towards the left I made sure to pull extra hard on the cord so that there was no slack. Needless to say I made it to Bountiful and was 5 minutes early for the meeting. Boy was I grateful when the sun came out and heated up my car. I went out around 11am to run to the store and undid the bungee cord. The locking mechanism had defrosted and I wasn't going to have to pay a boat load of money to have this fixed.

My new motto for this year is " You can't win if you don't play." I read this in a newspaper article and it struck home the reality of every situation in life cannot be accomplished without first attempting to make some kind of progress with it. I will keep you updated as I implement this in my life.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Ha ha ha...I have this great image now of you on the freeway holding on to a bungee cord for dear life. Isn't it funny how the little things are always going wrong at the worst time? We miss you!