Thursday, January 8, 2009

Starting off slowly.....


Well Happy New Year!!! I have been rather preoccupied with life and not with documentation/communication. Work was a little stress filled these past few days---trying to get reports wrapped up so that I can send them to the big wigs in the company.

The holidays went well. Natalie and I kept each other entertained. It has been snowing like there is no tomorrow over the past few weeks. Yesterday was beautiful but we are expecting more snow tonight. I personally would like to have a few days in the 70's (wishful thinking).

I got called to be a Relief Society Teacher. It is a good thing that our church is now at 11 am otherwise they might have been short a teacher on some Sundays. I generally have no trouble getting up in the morning but stress helps me sleep better/over sleep better.

------Random Items------
As a way to introduce this new year I wanted to write a list of favorites for bright spot to look towards.

Favorites:
Flower: Lily
Day of the Week: Sunday aka day of rest---which means I get a nap
Holiday: Thanksgiving-- it is close to my birthday
Color: Purple--- no suprises there
Song:
Place: Grand Canyon --- I always feel at peace there.
Vacation: ?? I haven't gone on too many that were truly restful. However visiting Arizona has to be up in the high rankings.
Season: Summer of course
Actress: Audrey Hepburn
Actor: Gary Cooper, Cary Grant, Matthew McConaHottie,

I will continue this listing as the year goes on and I think of things that really tickle my fancy.

Continue to resolve to do good and work to improve upon yourself. Remember our perfection is pending and thus why I am continually reminded that humanity is filled with frailty and will continue to struggle til we reach our true potential.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love the new blog look! I can't settle on one I like for mine.

David said...

I like your favorites list! It's good to know you a bit better (though to my admittedly small credit, I knew a few of those already ;-).