Friday, June 24, 2011

Crafty Family

It has already been established that Mom is very crafty.  Bruce and I have been busy working to keep up with her.

First it started with Father's Day cards.  This year I now have 6 people to make cards for on this special day.  As you can see I made a few extra as well.  In the process I made a mess of the family room.  Thank you to Bruce for putting up with this.

 I found this pattern on the Amy Butler web page and thought I would use it to increase my creative genius :).




Next the creativity went so far as a new baby quilt.  This was great fun for me to make because I was actually doing it for someone else.  Lynn, a lovely woman I work for, is expecting a new grandbaby and wanted a quilt to give to her daughter in law.  I was happy to assist in this venture.

Here we have the pre finished product.
 Last night I look so very excited to have it finished. (yes the red eyes were left in on purpose to add emphasis to my sleepiness).


 Bruce has been hard at work on his crafty side as well.  He has been constructing these drawers to go under Mom's closet's upstairs.  They are made of Lyptus, an expensive wood that makes lots of slivers. 

So even after all of our efforts I don't think that we are close to keeping up with Mom on her crafty skills. She has finished almost all of her cross stitch projects that have been in the closet and next she will be moving on to the nutcrackers.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Very Crafty!