Mom, Heather(my roomate), and I took a little adventure down to Zion, Grand Canyon, and Jacob Lake over the weekend.
On Thursday night after rehearsal we drove down to Cedar City and me being the night owl listened to the Georgette Heyer book on tape while Mom and Heather dozed in and out. I had a hard time sleeping that night and we woke the next morning, had breakfast at IHOP and then went to Zion.
First stop was Kolob Canyon--Heather being the great photographer with the help of Mom's eye took this great shot.
We hiked to Weeping Rock, looked at the Virgin River and ate lunch next to the Emerald Pools. As usual I was exhausted and my leg decided that it was time to be done long before we saw everything. The highlight of the whole day was the fact that due to my big mouth we got into the park free. I had just mentioned to the park ranger that I had worked at Jacob Lake for so many years and was coming down to visit once again and she gave me a pass for the day......Cool beans!!
After Zion we drove to Jacob Lake Inn, Jacob Lake, AZ 86022. It was wonderful to eat at Nedra's Too in Kanab and to see the Rich Family!
The next morning Heather and I got up really early to see sunrise at Marble View but we didn't actually make it to Marble View Point because I got a little confused so I pulled off on a side road and made sure that we were at the edge of the plateau so that we would not miss the sunrise. It was spectacular.
After that we drove back to Jacob Lake and had breakfast and then a 2 hour nap for me. Mom had slept in because she was on "vacation" so she wasn't about to wake up early unless absolutely necessary. After lunch we drove down the the Grand Canyon and stopped at Bright Angel Point and headed out to Cape Royal for sunset. We met up with Minna at that point and had a great time with this wonderful couple from New York City. Dinner at Jacob Lake was great and we made time to visit with almost everyone. Oh and in the mean time we visited the Gift Shop about 4 times to look at all of the cool jewelry and other fine things to behold.
The next morning, Sunday, after sleeping in we ate breakfast and drove past the Vermillion Cliffs, across Navajo Bridge, and over to Horse Shoe Bend to look at another beautiful view of the Colorado River. Heather and I hiked out to see this spot. After that we loaded back in the car and started our drive home. Can I say how much I miss being down at Jacob and seeing the Kaibab all year long. Also, I miss the smell of sage and the ponderosa pine forest ( Not to mention the great food that is to be eaten there).
Kolob Canyon!
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment